1228 - The first documentary certification of the town under the name of Regun.
1241 - April, 15th. The Tartar invaders reach the Mures Valley and devastate the town, whose population, at that time, amounted to about 600 inhabitants.
1285 - A new wave of Tartar invaders, this time devastating the town as well as the neighbouring villages.
The inhabitants have been tortured, killed or spread away.
1330 - The Evangelical Church is finished. It has been burnt down several times.
1332 - Reghin is the residence of a c1ergical council to whom nine of the nearby congregations pay taxes.
1361 - The 'hospodar' (prince) of Transylvania recognizes the right of the town of Cluj to establish free commercial relations with Reghin. The same with the towns of Sibiu, Bistri1a, Media~, Sighisoara, when this right is also granted and Strengthened in 1368.
1423 - 'PARA INDIANA' - The gypsies show up for the first time in Transylvania and in the outskirts of some settlements around Reghin.
1427 - Reghin is mentioned as OPPIDUM (meaning a small market town).
1434 - Reghin is authorized to organize weekly fairs, the right dating back to 1350.
1483 - The first school is mentioned.
1484 - There were 14 shoemaker apprentices in town within the oldest guild - the shoemakers'.
1501 - It is mentioned as 'CASTRUM REGEN'.
1535 - The Great Famine - the wheat is very expensive. There are many victims among the population of the town and in the surrounding areas.
1551 - The settlement gets juridical functions, the instance of appeal being settled at the Law Court of Bistri1a and at the German University of Sibiu.
1555 - The town wall is built in the lower part of the German Church. 1560 - The belt makers' guild and the latherers' guild.
1570 - The butchers' guild appears.
1619 - The school regulations called The Canons are drawn up. They will be valid until 1769.
1630 - An intensive trade is established with the products of the paper mill and the faience factory from Gurghiu (1561).
1661 - January, 11 th - 'Dieta Transilvaniei' held in Reghin chooses John Kemeny as Prince of Transylvania.
- A plague also breaks out.
1662 - January, 22nd - John Kemeny dies at Seusul Mare in the battle against the Turkish army. Reghin is attacked and plundered by the Turks.
1700 - The reformers' Parish gathering 50 souls is established in lernuteni.
1708 - September, 19th - the Great Flood caused by the waters of the Mures and the Gurghiu rivers. The settlement of Ideciu de Jos is the most damaged of all.
1717 - The last invasion of the Tartars. It is also mentioned that the wall of the church was surrounded by a ditch with two rising bridges over it.
1721 - Unusual fertile year. The Baron of Bornemissa takes over the settlement of Petelea in account for Count Mikes' 5000 florin debt.
1725 - The complete and final separation of the guilds: the Shoemakers', the Tanners', the Leather dressers'.
1728 - The privileges of Reghin are published on May, 5th and certified by Charles VI.
1736 - The Roman-Catholic Parish is established in the town.
1740 - A devastating fire turns a great part of the town into ruins and ashes.
1750 - The fire strikes back, burning down even the lower part of the town. The Girls' School is burnt down, too.
1750 - The maize called 'Turkish weat', forbidden to be grown since 1686, now extends replacing the oat and the millet growing. - The cohabitation of 88 Romanians is certified in the Hungarian Reghin.
1755 - The Butchers' Guild and the Furriers' Guild make an agreement upon lamb slaughter and hide market.
- the bells of the German Church were moulded - the big one in the tower warning against fire or other great dangers and three small ones, calling the people out to services, funerals or feasts.
1762 - March, 12th - the Royalty acknowleges the juridical independence of the town.
1772 - Reghin is recognized as being famous in Transylvania for its vineyards and good wines.
1773 - June 19th - Joseph, Maria Tereza's son and the future emperor stops at Reghin on his journey through Transylvania. - July 11 th - Joseph visits Reghin again, being accommodated at Dr. Schuller's.
1779 - September 19th - the German Church is completely renovated. The new organ is heard for the first time.
1781 - May, 19th - 17 landmarks are set up between the lands of the German Town and those of the Hungarian Town.
- Hallow Ceremony takes place.
1782 - The school is built next to the Catholic Church and the first teacher is hired.
1784 - The Mayory of Reghin owned a beer factory.
1789 - January, 31 st - the Count of Kemeny took over the administration of Reghin. 1790 - The china factory from Gurghiu is built.
1801 - Reghin is acknowleged the right' over life and death'.
1811 - In spring, the hospital of the Regiment of Petelea is transfered to Reghin (today's building at 145, in M. Viteazul Street).
The hospital had a kitchen and four wards. The budget of the hospital was due to public contribution. 1812 - China is used for the first time in Reghin.
1811 - Starts the building of the Greek-Catholic Church through public contribution and donation from some great merchants such as: Bardosi, Munteanu, Marinovici, Olteanu, Nonu etc.
1813 - The leadership of the town was provided by a Mayor, a vicemayor and seven councillors. The Town-Hall' employees were: a notary, three financial inspectors, a police inspector, a courier, a surgeon, six guardians, a four-man watch set on the orchards, pastures and forests; a gaoler, a judge, a cleaning woman and a midwife.
1818 - The first lane is paved with river stone in the main street.
1822 - July, 25th - Joseph Haltrich - a complex cultural personality - was born in Reghin. 1828 - Koos Ferenc, the writer, was born.
1829 - The Girls' School had two classes in Ratelor Street.
1838 - A Grammar School for Romanian children coming from the neighbouring settlements is founded. 1839 - A police department is established; it is led by a magistrate, his assistant and a secretary.
1848 - The end of October - the beginning of November is known as the 'Three Tragic Days of Reghin' when the town was destroyed by invasions, fire and robbery.
1850 - A 50-year state loan worthing 210,000 florins was settled on the inhabitants for reconstruction in a 50-year pay - back time 1863 - January, 15th - The town promoted to municipality among the privileged towns. The 'Gold Wedding' took place.
1866 - The raft-trade society of Mure)' is founded; 19 associates from Reghin joined in.
1867 - The society for the regularization of the Mure)' river is set up; between 1870-1873 the one for the Gurghiu river. 1874 - A cultural society called , Despal1amantul Reghin al Astrei' is founded.
1876 - The first printing shops are certified as existing.
1882 - Reghin had 8074 inhabitants out of which 2522 were Germans, 1577 Romanians, 2564 Hungarians and 1341 Jews.
1887 - There were 15 PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS following the model of the guilds: the tanners', the tailors', the shoemakers', the furries', the wopers', the rope- makers' etc. 1895 - Four spirits factories were working in town.
1905 - The narrow railroad Reghin-Lapus'na is put to use.
1910 - There were 708 workshops of different trades in Reghin, 50 workshops in Reghin-village, 23 in the village of lernuleni, 17 in Apalina, joining foremen, journeymen and apprentices.
1911 - The building of the power station is finished on the mill channel of the Mures it was renovated in 1988.
1913 - There were 36 factories, run by German Owners and supplied by 680 German workers, 573 Hungarians and 1250 Romanians. 1914 - The town contributes to the war with more than 1500 officiers 1918 and recruits; battles are fought on the front of Rastolita-Deda, Chiher-Beica.
The Romanian National County Council having its headquarters in Reghin, organised the participation in the popular assembly, held on the 1 st of December in Alba-Iulia.
1918 - Along with the rest of Transylvania, Reghin will be part of the Kingdom of Great Romania (the period 1940-1944 excepted). 1919 - Opening of the Civilian School for Boys - the first two grades have functioned under the authority of the Council of Transylvania.
1919 - The Civilian School for Boys becomes a state secondary school, in 1920 (today's ' Petru Maior' Secondary School) functioning in several buildings: in Petru Maior Street (now a nursery schoos), in scolii Street (the present Middle School No.5), in Pomilor Street on the premises of Middle School No.6.
1922 - The building of a Factory for processing resonance logs (delivered by the Timber Yard of lerbus). 1922 - The A.G. Hiag Company develops a capital from 2.5 million lei to 4 million lei.
1922 - 1926 builds a factory equipped with steam engines and three saw mills on the location of today's AGROMEC. In 1926 it becomes "Transylvania" SA which has been producing resonance wood since 1930 and chests since 1978.
1923 - The towns' hospital is built up and renovated between 1930-1934, other sections being added between 1955-1962.
1924 - By this time, there were already 160 trade companies, most of them on private capital; 42 were wholesale firms, 7 were sel .... ;: alcohol. 9 were selling wine and 4 were selling cattle.
1925 - Reghin was producing 160 thousand cube metres of timber (the whole timber production of our country amounting to 3 million cube metres).
1927 - The factory for processing resonance logs becomes the "Lehel & Diamantstein" Co. which had a yearly production of 3 waggons of resonance timber, a waggon of 'wooden wire' and elements for various musical instruments (violins, cellos and double basses).
1928 - The opening of a carriage-building factory also selling on the Turkish market and being awarded the 'Medal for Export'. It ceases its activity in 1940.
1929 - 1933 - The years of depression and overproduction affect the economy of the town.
1929 - The renovation of the Evangelic Church starts and lasts until the following year. Between 1959-1961 the church is strenghtened.
1932 - The factory for processing the resonance logs changes its profile and produces boats under the name of SAR. "Nauticc' 1937 - 1939 - Building of the community centre
1940 - Reghin, as well as the rest of North Transylvania will be under Hungarian administration as a result of the Dictate of Viennen starting from August, 30th.
1941 - The obelisk in the centre of the town is set up on the ground of today's fountain. In the 50's, it is moved in front of the Evangelic Church, then scattered on Apalina Road and in the park.
1944 May, 13th - The Jews of Reghin are sent by train to an unknown destination. At that time, there were 4 banking and credit institutions in the town, as well as 2 branches of banks from other towns. - There were 7 state school units in town and 7 confessional school units.
- The bilingual publication 'The Equality' is issued on NOV, 15th and ceases its activity in 1945.
- 1020 pupils attend middle school in Reghin, being taught by 32 teachers.
1946 - On the 24th of November, a great demonstration of over 1,500 participants took place in Reghin. - The Gymnasium founded in 1920 becomes "Petru Maior" Secondary School.
- Ariton Popa, the rector of the town, passes away.
1947 - 'Despartamentul Astrei' is reorganised in November.
- The foundation of the Public Library within the Community Centre and its own building beginning with 1950.
1948 - On the 11th of June, all private institutions and economical units are nationalized by the commnunist government includw; "Foresta Romana", "Transylvania" SA, SA "Reghin", "Mara & Vulturul", "Farkas & Mendel" etc.
- The opening of the pedagogic school in Reghin.
1949 - All agricultural assets are confiscated by the commnunists. - The Agricultural State Unit is founded in Reghin.
- The foundation of a tractor-drivi~ school in the building of today's Ethnological Museum. Being moved to Tg. Mures' it is reopened in 1961. In 1976, it becomes the Secondary School for agricultural mechanics, then a vocational school. 1952 - The football team "Avantul" Reghin is promoted to the second leagues 3 years later to the first league but is demoted the following year.
1953 - A school for mentally disabled children is founded in the castle of a count in Apalina. It started with 120 children. - The building of a factory for forest equipment and spare parts (IUPS).
1954 - The pedagogic school in Reghin becomes a middle school.
1956 - In March, Reghin numbered 18,091 inhabitants, 23,295 in 1966, 29,846 in 1977, over 34,800 in 1980, over 40,600 in 198: and 46,400 inhabitants in 1990.
1959 - Blocks-of-flats are built in $colii Street and in Mihai Viteazul district and are gradually finished in 1974. 1960 - The Ethnological Museum is founded in Vinatorilor Street.
- The fitting out of the central park on the location of the old market place.
The pavement is removed and young trees and flower beds are planted instead.
1962 - A forced collectivization takes place and, as a result the Agricultural Production Cooperative is built. Ceased to exist in 1900.
1963 - Dies Augustin Maior, born in Reghin on August, 22nd, 1882.
1968 - The railroad Targu-Mure9 - Reghin - Deda is modernized.
1969 - The bust of Petru Maior (the work of the great artist Ion Vlasiu) is set up in the central park of the town. - Two busts (one of bronze and one of stone) are now the property of Petru Maior Secondary School NO.5.
- Dies AI. Ceusan (born in Reghin in 1898), lawyer and journalist, author of a work on the revolution of 1848 in Reghin called "Vremuri de osanda".
1970 - in May, catastrophic floods all over Transylvania.
Reghin at the confluence of the Mures and the Gurghiu has been greatly affected by this calamity. 1974 - Building of the poultry slaughter-house, of the milk factory and of the brewery.
1978 - The automatic telephone exchange is completed.
1989 – “The Golden Age”, established and permanently strengthened, had entered into crisis. It was the end.
- It was on December the 22nd, Friday, after 12 o’clock, that great revolutionary demonstrations stroke the city. Then, The National Salvation Front was established.. Until the elections of May 1990 The Executive Board of The National Union Council was made up of Ion Tuşnea- president, Marian Traian- mayor, Bexa Simion- secretary and Szabó Rudolf, Müller Kurt, Pop Mihai- members.
1990. January- February - The P.N.T.C.D., P.N.L., P.S.D. and U.D.M.R political parties are made up. Durring the same year other parties, associations, organizations and cultural societies such as: “Fratia Româneasca”, then “Vatra Româneasca” and “Partidul Unitatii Nationale Române” appeared.
1990. March 19-20- Large demonstrations and Romanian-Hungarian ethnical confrontation in Targu-Mures, with victims and regretable consequences. There were demonstrations in Reghin too, but without tragic consequences.
1990. April -It appears the first number of “Gazetei Reghinului” (Reghin’s Gazette) with N.Băciuţ as coordinator (senoir editor) and Marin Şara as manager.
1991- The “Kemény János” Cultural Association was established. The leadership consisted of: Böjte Lidia president and Dr. Török Béla vice president
1992- Local elections are held, elected was Mayor Eremia Pop – Vice Mayor Balázs Ludovic.
1994- Reghin is raised to the rank of Municipality
-“Opinia Reghineană” periodical is being published, having M.Nădăşan as manager
1996- On June the 3rd, local elections are held – Marian Traian is appointed Mayor, and the Local Council is made up of 21 members.
1999 March – The “Szászrégen és Vidéke” newspaper starts being published. The group of initiative is made up of : Pakó Benedek, the Roman Catholic priest, Márk Endre, Bíró Donát, Darvas Ignác, Kunsági István teachers, Dr. Blága József physician, Bartha József priest, Böjte Lidia teacher, Adorjáni László, Madaras Péter, and Csernátoni József teacher- as the first chef editor.
1999-On April the20-th there was a large flood in Mureş district and in Reghin town too, especially in the lower fields. There have been flooded over 30 houses on “Câmpului” and “Iernuţeni” streets. The DN 15 national road to Târgu Mureş has been blocked.
-The multilingual publication called “Semnal” - with Alex.Şomodi as editor, is being published.
2000- On the local elections, held on June the 4 -th, for the Town Hall of Reghin –there were running 13 contenders for the position of Mayor, 327 candidates for 21 places of local counselors. In the second round, Marian Traian was re-elected as Mayor.
- The statue of Mihai Eminescu is set up in front of the Orthodox Church.
- Half a century activity for the “Petru Maior” Municipal Library.
2001- Half a century of musical instruments production in Reghin. The Monument of Violin is placed in front of the Lutheran Church.
2002-On May the 22nd leaves for the eternity Alexandru Todea, Cardinal of Reghin, an emblematic/outstanding personality of the town.
2003- Anniversary of 775 years from the first documentary certification of Reghin.
2004-June- local elections in town: Nagy András – elected Mayor, Sorin Pui – Vice-Mayor; 19 local counselors.
2005- On the 1st of July is put in circulation the “new leu” with 1:10.000 parity with the “old leu”.
-In Mureş County there were large floods in Răstoliţa, Stânceni and so on. . Reghin has been protected by the docks built after the floods of 1970. The “Trandafirilor” creek floods the “Toamnei” Street- “Rozmarinului” Street – “Canalul Morii” area, without significant damage.
-July – The rehabilitation, sewage and asphalt rebuilding of some roads like: Duzilor, Râului, then M.Eminescu and Călăraşi started. The arrangement of pavements in “Piaţa Mare”, “Sării” and other streets area with ornamental concrete blocks started.
2008-June – local elections in town: Nagy András -elected Mayor, Precup Maria – Vice-Mayor, and 19 local counselors.